Policies on Consignment
- Merchandise Must Be:
- • New or gently worn
- • Selected from our brand chart (email us if your brand is not on the list)
- • Clean and in wearable condition (If it has RIPS, TEARS or STAINS please contact us via email or though the contact section, you will be surprised on what we can make work)
- • 100% AUTHENTIC AND GENUINE
- •We accept clothing and accessories from every category (e.g. Blazer/Jacket, shirts, pants, skirts, suits, etc)
- Things to consider when parting with your merchandise:
- This can be a huge dilemma. Here is what we tell our clients to do.The question you need to ask yourself is, "Why am I getting rid of this item?"
- Tip 1: If the answer is, "It's beautiful and I love it, BUT..."
- • it will never fit me again
- • it's just not my color
- • my lifestyle has changed and I'll never wear it again
- • I've had it for a while/it was a gift, and the tags are still on it
- • it was an impulse buy and just isn't 'me'
- • I need the money
- Then you are on the right path. Holding onto clothing that you know you will never wear again is like having money sitting in your closet instead of in your wallet. Another great question to ask when looking through your closet is, "Have I worn this in the last year?", if the answer is "No" then it's time to get rid of it.
- Tip 2: If the answers are:
- • it's worn out
- • it needs repair
- • it's not very good quality
- Then your item might not be for us. Please feel free to contact using our CONTACT page to see if we are interested it. You never know, one persons trash is another persons treasure!
What to Consign
We suggest that our clients consign items that they have placed a little more value on but still are no longer interested in holding onto. When you are selling an item to us, we suggest you sell items that you would otherwise donate. On the other hand, consigning is for those people who have an item that they no longer want but desire more money for it than we are willing to buy it directly for. If you are stuck with a designer handbag, shoes, or suit that you just don't know what to do with, give it to us to consign for you.
How to Ship to Us
Place all your items in a box and weigh it. Please take care when packing your items to ensure they reach us undamaged. Send us an email with the weight of this box and your address. We will reply with a prepaid mailing label which you must firmly affix on the exterior of the box. If you would like a free pickup, please request so in the email, and for which date and from which address. Also state if you would like to leave the box on the doorstep for pickup, or if you would like the carrier to ring the bell.
How We Determine Price
Once we receive your items, we examine them in order to determine how they will be priced to sell.
We base our prices on four main criteria:
Arrival of Merchandise
Once we receive your items and if they are approved for consignment, we will list them online for sale for up to 90 days. Items will generally appear on our auction site within one week of their arrival at our warehouse facility. 50% of our items sell within the first 14 days. Other items need a little more work and may take the full 90 days to sell.
•For items sold for $499 and less: You receive 50% of the selling price and we receive 50%.
•For items sold for $500 and more: You receive 60% of the selling price and we receive 40%.
•Your check will be sent out 1st of the month for items that sold in the previous month between the 1st and the 15th. If your item sells after the 15th day of the month, your commission check will not be sent out until the following 1st of the month. So for example: if your item sells on November 12th, your commission check will be mailed out on December 1st. If your item sells on November 16th, your commission check will be mailed out on January 1st. This is to ensure ample time for the customer of the item to pay for their item, receive it, and complete the transaction with us in a positive manner.
Responsibility of Merchandise
Recycle Your Fashions makes their best effort to merchandise, sell and care for all consignments. However, all consignments are left at the owner's risk. Recycle Your Fashions is not responsible for loss by theft, fire, negligent handling or any other cause.
Merchandise That Does Not Sell
In the event that your item does not sell within the 90 day period, you will be offered three options:
1.Unsold items will become property of Recycle Your Fashions sole property.
2.Request unsold items to be returned at consignor's expense.
3.Item will be started at $9.99 and if sold the consignor will be paid out 1/2 of the selling price minus eBay listing and selling fees. Unsold items will be returned at consignors cost or donated to a local thrift store.